Seriously Helpful is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified you can be assured it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page, so please check back from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This revised policy is effective from 1st July 2021.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
• Names and job titles.
• Contact information, including email addresses.
• Demographic data such as postcodes, preferences and interests.
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE DATA
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• To improve products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information we think you may find interesting.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you by email, phone or mail for market research purposes.
• We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
• To improve and implement necessary Security.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual by tailoring operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us better understand site traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies, however, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links that enable you to visit other websites more easily. However, once you have used these links, you leave our site and should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide thereafter and we suggest exercising caution and looking at the privacy statement applicable to any such subsequent website visited.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you may click on the box indicating that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
• If you have previously agreed to allow us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or sending us a letter by post.
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
• We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting, but only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Under the Data Protection Act of 1998, you may request details about the personal information we hold about you. A small admin fee of £5 will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to Seriously Helpful, Brambles House, Woodlands Grange, Earls Barton NN6 0RG enclosing your fee.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us or send us a letter as soon as possible, using the email and postal addresses provided on our site. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.