Last week CoolBrands, The Centre for Brand Analysis, released their latest list which details the brands in the UK that are simply put, the coolest! And it didn’t come as a surprise to us here in the Seriously Helpful office, that once again, Apple retained its crown for the third year running.
Of course, its popularity was enhanced due to the timely announcement of the iPhone 6, 6 Plus and the Apple Watch, as well as launch of iOS8, but still, Apple fended off some stiff competition to stay at the top of the pile.
So, let’s have a closer look at the top 20 brands in the UK, according to CoolBrands:
2. Aston Martin
8. Dom Perignon
11. Bang & Olufsen
13. Alexander McQueen
19. Virgin Atlantic
20. Stella McCartney
Now, we are not experts like our friends over at CoolBrands clearly, but if we were to compile a list of the top 20 brands that are cool at SH HQ, it would look a little something like this:
1. Apple – we all have at least one Apple device each in the office, so our love for all things Apple surely goes without saying!
2. Netflix – binge watching American TV series’ – it doesn’t get better than that!
3. Spotify – working without music is near on impossible. And what’s better, we all have our own musical tastes!
4. Google – Google is King, goes without saying
5. Facebook – To stay connected, naturally
6. Twitter – Possibly the best social outlet for breaking news
7. Instagram – because we like to add some enhanced images
8. PG Tips – on average, we get through 10 bags a day. Cannot beat a pyramid bag!
9. Coca Cola – enjoying the real thing
10. Lenovo – our machines 🙂
11. Microsoft – working with Windows 8 every day…
12. Skype – the best way to talk via a computer
13. Daily Mail – just for the comments. That is all.
14. BBC – the source of the most reliable breaking news. The coverage of the Oscar Pistorius trial was running in the background
15. Pinterest – because we love to pin. Especially images of food – mmmmmm!
16. Lucozade – more energy, enough said
17. Post-It – for the brain storming sessions
18. Tipp-Ex – for when the brainstorming session go wrong!
19. Amazon – with the best basket experience ever, with one click
20. eBay – because, everyone loves eBay, don’t they?
What would make it into your top 20? We would love to know!
Dipping in and out of all the different aspects of digital marketing is what I do best – learning new techniques whilst effectively using older strategies, platforms and methods. Although I am getting older and find social media less and less appealing in my personal life, I do believe it has a huge part to play for businesses, so you will find me active on most platforms! 😉
Away from work, I will be found doing one of the following – especially in the post lockdown days – reading, cooking or watching sports on TV in lieu of being at my spiritual home in person, Old Trafford (although my picture is there somewhere). I can be found most evenings rewatching The Walking Dead with my husband and cats, and can also be found embarrassing my teenage son too.