Last week CoolBrands, The Centre for Brand Analysis, released their latest list which details the brands in the UK that are simply put, the coolest! And it didn’t come as a surprise to us here in the Seriously Helpful office, that once again, Apple retained its crown for the third year running.
Of course, its popularity was enhanced due to the timely announcement of the iPhone 6, 6 Plus and the Apple Watch, as well as launch of iOS8, but still, Apple fended off some stiff competition to stay at the top of the pile.
So, let’s have a closer look at the top 20 brands in the UK, according to CoolBrands:
2. Aston Martin
8. Dom Perignon
11. Bang & Olufsen
13. Alexander McQueen
19. Virgin Atlantic
20. Stella McCartney
Now, we are not experts like our friends over at CoolBrands clearly, but if we were to compile a list of the top 20 brands that are cool at SH HQ, it would look a little something like this:
1. Apple – we all have at least one Apple device each in the office, so our love for all things Apple surely goes without saying!
2. Netflix – binge watching American TV series’ – it doesn’t get better than that!
3. Spotify – working without music is near on impossible. And what’s better, we all have our own musical tastes!
4. Google – Google is King, goes without saying
5. Facebook – To stay connected, naturally
6. Twitter – Possibly the best social outlet for breaking news
7. Instagram – because we like to add some enhanced images
8. PG Tips – on average, we get through 10 bags a day. Cannot beat a pyramid bag!
9. Coca Cola – enjoying the real thing
10. Lenovo – our machines 🙂
11. Microsoft – working with Windows 8 every day…
12. Skype – the best way to talk via a computer
13. Daily Mail – just for the comments. That is all.
14. BBC – the source of the most reliable breaking news. The coverage of the Oscar Pistorius trial was running in the background
15. Pinterest – because we love to pin. Especially images of food – mmmmmm!
16. Lucozade – more energy, enough said
17. Post-It – for the brain storming sessions
18. Tipp-Ex – for when the brainstorming session go wrong!
19. Amazon – with the best basket experience ever, with one click
20. eBay – because, everyone loves eBay, don’t they?
What would make it into your top 20? We would love to know!
- Search Rankings May Be Hindered by Blog Structure - 27th August 2019
- Bird Box Viewing Bonanza - 25th January 2019
- A Giant Fine for a Giant Business - 27th June 2017
- Twitter Talk - 14th August 2015
- A New Panda Update - 29th July 2015
- Decrease in Facebook Likes - 11th March 2015
- Confirmed – A mobile website will form part of Google’s ranking factors - 2nd March 2015
- Twitter are holding back on releasing their Oscar stats - 24th February 2015
- Facebook’s new CTA - 18th February 2015
- Wear Red Day - 6th February 2015