Always happy to release number when it suits them and makes them look massive (which, granted they are….) Twitter so far have refused to release numbers following on from the 2015 Oscars which took place last weekend, Sunday 22nd Feb.
As we all know, and we here at Seriously Helpful like to tell everyone, news breaks on social networks. Especially Twitter. And over recent years, Twitter has been the place to go and join in with live events, such as the 2014 FIFA World Cup, as we discussed in a previous blog.
But in a recent blog post posted by Twitter themselves, they have failed to release or even acknowledge the stats and figures about the volume of tweets. *Cue dramatic music.*
While this doesn’t mean anything, and of course the data could be released at a later date, even later today, historically Twitter have been quick to announce figures in previous years.
So, we will wait with baited breath to see how the 2015 Oscars compare to the previous year’s stats, shown below:
- 25th February 2013: 8.9 million Oscar related tweets
- 3rd March 2014: 17.1 million Oscar related tweets
- 23rd February 2015: ?? Oscar related tweets
- A Giant Fine for a Giant Business - 27th June 2017
- Twitter Talk - 14th August 2015
- A New Panda Update - 29th July 2015
- Decrease in Facebook Likes - 11th March 2015
- Confirmed – A mobile website will form part of Google’s ranking factors - 2nd March 2015
- Twitter are holding back on releasing their Oscar stats - 24th February 2015
- Facebook’s new CTA - 18th February 2015
- Wear Red Day - 6th February 2015
- Who doesnt love glitter - 15th January 2015
- End of year recap - 18th December 2014